Saturday, November 29, 2014

{with Thanksgiving} Day 27: cousins

Growing up, I vividly remember spending Sundays at my grandmother's playing with my cousins, watching The Sound of Music and crying when we said good-bye.  We always wished we lived in the same town and went to school together.  It was the best when we went a day early and I got to spend the night with my cousin Heather.  We have the best memories together!  I always knew she would be the best mom--now she mothers the sweetest 5 boys you've ever seen. 

I see how my children love their cousins, too.  The anticipation of having the biggest sleepover is so exciting for them. "How much longer" is taken to a whole new level!  It gets insanely loud and the parents are exhausted by the end of the day.  However, when I see the pure joy on their faces if makes every second  worth it.  




No comments :

Site Meter