Saturday, November 15, 2014

{with Thanksgiving} Day 14: new days

Yesterday was a good one.  The day before that, not so much.  There are times I go to bed defeated and sad at my lack of patience.  Motherhood can beat a mother up.  It can be physically and mentally (above all) exhausting.  

Here's what I'm thankful for though...every day I get to start over.  I get to see their smiling faces and bed heads eat breakfast. We get to wake up and begin again.  I'm thankful that most days we don't carry any junk over from the previous day.  We forget about yesterday's lost necklace, argument over a toy, the yucky vegetables I made them eat, the broken crayons and dried up markers, and the list is long...

I'm thankful these children (and their parents) are learning the importance of right and wrong, and that sorry means we'll try not to do it again.  
Friday nights at Target.  Rager. 

1 comment :

Steph said...

This mama can relate! So thankful for fresh starts!
Emilia's look in the first picture is classic. Oh and btw SO glad I decided to check your blog! MIss you!

Site Meter