Sunday, July 6, 2014

I need nap time reinstated here in la casa.

Welp, I've officially taken the longest break ever from this blog. It used to be a place I turned to during nap time, but those days are O-VER.  While Mary naps, I now entertain the three other non-napping misfits.  I miss typing away here and recording all of our little journeys as a family.  Michael was showing the kids some pictures on the blog a few weeks ago and I could hear them laughing and laughing.  He came upstairs and I got all weepy that it's hard for me to look back through the blog.  I know it's totally weird, but I get sad.  Of course he laughed at me and said, "Jacque.  Newsflash!  Kids have to grow up!"  Hahaha (didn't really laugh)-- Of course they do, but it's difficult to watch it all happen so fast.  Example 432 of the differences between male and female.


Switching gears.  This was from my birthday morning in April.  I love this grainy picture more than any picture I've taken this year.



Yesterday Lucy and I sat down and looked through her baby book.  She loved reading through her first words and little stories I wrote in there for her...especially the one about her checking on her caterpillar family.  Anyway, it was the second sign that I needed to do a little updating here.  
Here's Mary back in April when I was teaching her how to take selfies.






I have a lot of catching up to do!  Maybe by Christmas I'll do an Easter update ;)

2 comments :

MH said...

I heart that grainy picture, too.

Jessica & Clif Barnes said...

I've been updating my blog since a long hiatus and my family said that they were getting emails from it with old posts and thought it had gotten hacked! In the past two weeks I've updated 6 month I think. You can do it! Love watching your family grow and miss y'all!

Site Meter