Tuesday, November 5, 2013

{with Thanksgiving} Day 2: knowledge and new things

As much as I get all sappy about my children growing at the speed of light, I do love to watch them learn new things and I love more than anything experiencing life with them.  

The girls ask so many questions each day and it reminds me that most of their experiences right now are brand new.  I try hard not to blow them off when, at times, I would love the silence ;) 

Lucy comes home from school excited to show me the big numbers she's adding up and the difference between rural and urban.  You should see how proud she is of her accomplishments.  Emilia sits at the table and asks how to spell the names of all the children in her class.  Christian's trying hard with his little grip to write his letters-- we have C, H, E, T, I, and L.  

I am thankful for their curiosity and wonder.  I am thankful for the daily reminders of their innocence and how even the little things in life are beautiful. 

No comments :

Site Meter