Where did we leave off? It's been a long time so don’t expect any sort of coherent flow to this post. None. I'm still without a computer. God is certainly working on my detachment these days. Guess what I lost when my computer died? ALLLLLL of my pictures from Mary's birth! Like a dagger in my heart. I'm also without a house, but I have my family in a little apartment and we laugh (in between tears) every day that we are still alive.
Here’s a picture minutes before we left for Nashviile.
And now that house is signed, sealed and someone else's. Praise God.
What a blessing...
We've been here five weeks and things are starting to settle down a bit. Whatever that means- life sort of feels a little upside down during these transitional days...especially for the kids. Emilia said just a few days ago, "Mommy, when are we moving to Nashville?" Oh dear.
Poor Lucy. I should've known this was going to be tough on her when she rode 8 hours in the car not asking for music and staring out the window the entire car ride. She did. She really did. I know she’s going to be fine, but I totally get what my Mom means by, “You carry the troubles of your children too.” Lucy is feeling vulnerable and scared like any child starting a new school in a new city. Her first day of school picture is both horrible and hilarious. I even turned the camera around to show her and she laughed at herself!
Every day when I pick her up she is all smiles. I spend a lot of my day asking her guardian angel to hug her and for the Holy Spirit to give me the right words to say (or in my case, not say). They are listening!
Last week was a good week and she told me several times this weekend that she needed some time to get used to things. As in, let me get used to the fact that you’ll embarrass me every day for the next eight years with these gnats.
“Excuse mae sir, may I barrrooeee yo bwoom?” Weird creepy witch London accent
And Christian's pockets are so full of his "necessities"...hand sanitizer, chap stick, wallet, sunglasses…
What is not pictured is the "hug-fake" that Emilia did when she noticed Sister Rose Miriam walking down the stairs. The picture was for Lucy, but once she saw Sister she bypassed Lucy.




2 comments :
Emilia looks 14 in that last pic from the back!!
Meredith. I thought the same thing. Haha.
Jacque I've been stalking your blog looking for posts. Made my day to see these sweet faces. Looooooove. Hugs. I think of y'all all the time during all this change. My prayers are with you all. Prayers of survival. And prayers that someday you'll look back on these days and laugh, laugh, laugh.
Post a Comment