Thursday, June 27, 2013

First outing

Taking a baby out into the world is always a memorable one for us.

After we were discharged from the hospital, we called Lulu's school to see if we could pick her up early. She had not seen Mary except through a window. I can't even begin to explain the excitement I had as we were driving to her school! When we pulled up, her class was on the playground. She didn't see us at first and then her teacher yelled over that she had some visitiors!  When she saw me she started running to the car. Typical Lucy style, she was teary eyed when she met her new little sister.
A few days later, our first family outing was to Target for some essentials...


Michael took Christian while I took the girls to find a few things.  A few minutes in, my phone rang and Michael told me he lost Christian.  Does anyone out there think that's funny? I didn't. 

While we were in the area we also decided to go in Trader Joes, but now I'm pretty annoyed with the place because their carts don't fit the infant carrier.  What's up with that?  I'm going to have to stick with my trusted Costco where bigger is better--including parking spaces and carts!

Mary is well broken in to our daily ins and outs.  It feels like we've known her for years and she's only 5 1/2 weeks old. 

No comments :

Site Meter