This was our first year having a school spring break. We can't just pick up and go like we used to. Since the baby is almost here I took advantage of Lucy's break and took the kids to Kentucky. I got the nod (and a crazy look :)) from my doctor and off we drove on our 9 hour car ride.
Passing through West Virginia and the kids are yelling, "It's the Statue of Liberty!!"
"Look Mommy, we have a new Pope."
Raising Brains is tough work....
We can't go to Nana's without a stop at Aunt Jessica's first. This is the only picture I have and Lucy snapped it with my phone. Love this girl.
Our first night was full of excitement and crazyville. Every time we go to my parent's home there are a few more tots rolling and running around. I don't even see my own children because they have buddied up with their best cuzzy in minutes. The havoc in the basement is almost too much to handle. I stayed upstairs, but everyone once in a while an adult would peek in to see the happenings, "Oh my goodness, you should see it down there!" God bless my parents for their continued patience with the mess (markers and white out on the table, oh my!).
We were there a mere 24 hours and had to call 911. I'm glad I can even type this out because it was one of the scariest moments of parenthood thus far. To make a long story short, Christian stubbed his toe (his toe!) on a corner and ran to me holding his breath. One of those cries where it hurts so bad you can't catch your breath. We think he held it too long and passed out. I thought he was having a seizure, so I yelled for my mom to call 911. He was out for about 10 seconds, which felt like 4 hours. The ambulance was there in less than 3 minutes and checked him out. He was fine and they gave him a teddy bear...which he's slept with since.
Friday was much better and I spent my birthday with Mexicans eating mexican. I just love these good people.
Christian kept looking at Uncle Babe to see how he was sitting and then he would do exactly what he was doing. He's a pretty cool uncle I must say.
After dinner my sisters gave me a (laugh-filled) pedi. All the nieces had to gather around and watch...it was too funny.
We can never leave Nana's house without a virus. For Christmas someone gifted us with a 5 day virus and for Easter someone gifted us with a 24 hour virus. I was a tad nervous driving home wondering if at any moment someone was going to get sick (like the garbage can between the girls?). Thankfully we made it home without any problems.










2 comments :
I love you Jacque because you are a wonderful mom, and Michael equally is a wonderful Dad. How blessed I feel right now -- isn't life beautiful?
omg i have so many stories and memories from that basement with siblings and cousins! hahahah
Aw so great you got some family time. yay.
Post a Comment