I wanted to do my last Thanksgiving post a few days ago, but I've been tending to some sick chiles. Sore throats and runny noses, and there may be a missed recital today. I'm not sure how to break the news to Miss Littlebit sprawled out on the couch next to me but I think if I mention popsicles and movies it will be ok.
Yesterday we picked out our Christmas tree and it always excites me about the month full of traditions and joy that's about to ensue. Advent begins today and I always try to think of a significant way to walk the children through this Holy season.
This feeling of gratitude fills my heart with bliss all month long, but it seemed to have started much earlier this time. The month of November and this exercise of finding all the good about my day brought such a feeling of contentment and peace. I hope to do a better job of this throughout the year. It is so easy to find the things that make us annoyed, irritated, ungrateful, and anxious. In almost every facet of our lives anxiety can show it's frazzled face. We can get caught up about worries regarding the future, health, past, finances, family...and most of them are only things God can control.
I love this part of the Catholic Mass and I hope this month we can have thankful hearts and see God in all that we do.
Deliver us, Lord, we pray, from every evil, graciously grant peace in our days, that, by the help of your mercy, we may be always free from sin and safe from all distress, as we await the blessed hope and the coming of our Savior, Jesus Christ.
Love and peace to you all! Thanks for all the sweet comments and chatter throughout the month!

2 comments :
Good Morning Jacque,
You have helped me wake up to this Advent Season. I had not thought much about it as I put up the tree and the pulled the Advent wreath and candles out of the closet. My mind has been on decorating and not on the spirit of the season. I love your blog and your gentle way of bringing me back to the real meaning of life and of Christmas. I love that you you love my son and our grandchildren in your total Christlike loving way.
Peace be with you,
Susan
hahaha. I just noticed that football was one while yall trimmed the tree.
Post a Comment