Thursday, November 13, 2008

H.E.Y Recipaaaayy...

H-healthy
E-easy
Y-yummy

This is dedicated to my little sisters who are starting their recipe collection. This is one of our favorite crock-pot dinners. It's super easy and you'll have enough for leftovers.

Ingredients:
2-3 diced red potatoes (you can add more or less)
1 cup chopped onion (I don't like, but you can add)
1 cup chopped celery
1 cup chopped carrots
1 1/2 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
1/2 cup sherry
Pork (I get the package with two and use both)
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
2 tablespoons dried sage
1 tablespoon salt-free garlic and herb seasoning
1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan (we load it on)

*Place potatoes, onion, celery, and carrots in bottom of slow-cooker. Pour in chicken broth and sherry. Season pork all over with salt and black pepper, sage and garlic and herb seasoning. Place pork on top of vegetables and top with Parmesan, pressing the cheese into the meat. Cover and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours or high for 3 to 4 hours.

1 comment :

Jessica & Clif Barnes said...

Love the recipe....I need more of these!

Site Meter