I’ve had Sam since he was about 6 weeks old and he’s now 7. My sister and I lived together for a year...I was fresh out of college and she was a sophomore. Why we decided to get a dog is beyond me! They are soooo much work, expensive, and in our case…very hairy. I read books on how to best train a puppy and we even signed him up for a training class when he was about 6 months old. Jessi and I laughed most of the time because our trainer was so militant. Sammy was scared to death of her (so was I!). At “graduation” he received a diploma for Most Improved. I remember the two of us singing Wide Open Spaces by the Dixie Chicks on the way home…we were so proud of our little baby!! We arrived home, got Sammy out of the car and looked for his diploma that we put in the back seat with him. Hmmm, where was it? I noticed a little piece of white paper sticking out of his mouth. He ate it!! Gone…the diploma was gone forever.
Sammy is a wonderful dog. He adopted Michael and Michael 100% adopted Sammy. Sometimes, I’ll find myself asking Michael to please walk HIS dog. He just laughs and says, “My dog?” Since Lucy came on board Sammy has been very patient. He’s still not a huge fan of hers. She often walks up and gives him big hugs, pokes him in the eye, and lately she’ll babble some words in his face. He just lies there or gets up and leaves the room. He really likes her during meal time though. He’ll sit at the foot of her high chair just waiting for a gold fish.
Oh, Sammy, you’ve brought us so many smiles over the years and we love you.
Sammy is a wonderful dog. He adopted Michael and Michael 100% adopted Sammy. Sometimes, I’ll find myself asking Michael to please walk HIS dog. He just laughs and says, “My dog?” Since Lucy came on board Sammy has been very patient. He’s still not a huge fan of hers. She often walks up and gives him big hugs, pokes him in the eye, and lately she’ll babble some words in his face. He just lies there or gets up and leaves the room. He really likes her during meal time though. He’ll sit at the foot of her high chair just waiting for a gold fish.
Oh, Sammy, you’ve brought us so many smiles over the years and we love you.
No comments :
Post a Comment